The Centre for Cross Border Studies has launched two new toolkits designed for cross-border project managers.
The Toolkit for Budgeting of Cross-Border Projects and its companion publication, the Toolkit for Evaluation of Cross-Border Projects are both part of a strategic package of linked training, animation, mentoring and research activities to support public service deliverers, particularly local authorities. They are both products of the INNICO-2 project (the Ireland Northern Ireland Cross-Border Cooperation Observatory), which was funded under the EU INTERREG IVA Programme. The Aims and Objectives of the INICCO-2 project coincide with the overall objective of the INTERREG Programme to support strategic cooperation for a more prosperous and sustainable region, contributing to the development of a dynamic economy and improving access to services and the quality of life for those living in the Irish cross-border region. The aims of INICCO-2 are:
- To increase and strengthen cross-border cooperation for a more prosperous and sustainable border region and more efficient delivery of public services through addressing information and skills gaps among actors in the region.
- To contribute to the increased social, economic and territorial cohesion of the Irish CrossBorder region through:
- promoting and improving the quality of Cross-Border Cooperation between public bodies, and between public bodies, business and civil society; and
- improving the capacity of people involved in social and economic development of the Irish Cross-Border region to better align their objectives and outcomes with the priorities of EU Cohesion Policy and Europe 2020.
- preparing a budget for their project and setting up appropriate financial monitoring and reporting mechanisms; and
- planning for the project evaluation – including managing both self-evaluations and external evaluations.
Download The Toolkit for Budgeting of Cross-Border Projects (PDF 1.4MB).
Download The Toolkit for Evaluation of Cross-Border Projects (PDF 3.1MB).