Following its highly-regarded Impact Assessment Toolkit for Cross-Border Cooperation (developed in INICCO-1), the Centre will assist EU-level efforts to streamline and simplify the application, monitoring and evaluation procedures of Structural Fund programmes (INTERREG and others) by delivering a package of capacity-building training and monitoring support to applicants and potential applicants. The project’s aims are to:
- Assist projects on the island of Ireland funded under EU cross-border, inter-regional and transnational programmes to better align their objectives and outcomes with the priorities of Cohesion Policy and Europe 2020;
- Contribute to improving the quality of applications to INTERREG and other European Territorial Cooperation (ETC) programmes, leading to higher quality projects;
- Strengthen the positive impacts of such programmes through improving the capacity of Irish and Northern Irish people to implement them through their projects;
- Contribute to improved monitoring and evaluation of such programmes and projects;
- Contribute to improved articulation and documentation of EU cross-border, inter-regional and transnational programmes so as to capture and share the learning from them and their projects.
The project’s activities will include 30 training events (both group and one-to-one sessions) with 100 beneficiaries trained in the use of the Impact Assessment Toolkit.
This project is supported by the INTERREG IVA programme (2013-2015).