Emerging Findings Seminar
Thursday 14 October 2010
Fairways Hotel, Dundalk
11am – 3pm
The Centre for Cross Border Studies, in partnership with the Institute of Public Health in Ireland, has appointed Horwath Bastow Charleton (HBC) to undertake the development of a prototype modelling tool for hospital planning on a border region and all-island basis. This seminar provided an opportunity for HBC to present the findings of their research that will inform their approach to a tool for cross-border hospital planning. In particular, they presented the strategic issues and institutional barriers that need to be addressed for effective cross border co-operation in the acute hospital sector.
- What can a strategic approach to developing cross-border hospital services contribute to a more prosperous and sustainable Irish border region?
- How can cross-border hospital services provide mutual benefits for the people of the border region?
- What are the issues which need to be tackled by the acute hospital care sector on both sides of the Irish border?
- What are the institutional and other barriers to cross-border co-operation in the delivery of health services?
Feedback from participants at the seminar will inform the second phase of this project, when HBC will address the technical and clinical issues of cross-border hospital planning.
See the presentations
- Dr Michael Wilks, Immediate Past-President, Comité Permanent des Medecins Europeens (CPME) and Chair of the eHealth Users’ Stakeholder Group Enabling cross-border care: the users’ perspective
- Dr David Welbourn, Matrix Knowledge Group Considerations for modelling
- Shane McQuillan, Partner and Vanya Sargent, Research Manager, HBC Consulting Services Development of a Prototype Modelling Tool for Hospital Planning on a Border Region and All-Island Basis
Community Involvement Strand
Prior to the seminar the final report of the community involvement strand of this project was launched.
For further information please contact: Ruth Taillon, Deputy Director (Research) at the Centre for Cross Border Studies email: email@example.com.
|Date / Time||Event Details||Watch/Listen|