1. To enhance delivery of high quality research and services
- Research and analysis, with an increased focus on applied research and policy;
- Analysis of cross border lessons from other organisations and regions;
- Information and training resources which are accessible and relevant to a range of audiences;
- Training in practical skills to enable more effective cross-border co-operation;
- Dissemination of up-to-date and accessible information;
- Evidence-based advocacy of cross-border cooperation and cross-border solutions;
- Provision of secretariat services to all-island and cross-border bodies; and
- Management and organisation of events to aid dissemination and networking.
2. To enhance and further develop networks and relationships with key partners at local, regional, national, EU and international levels
- Partnerships and strategic alliances;
- Facilitation of dialogue and networking;
- Increased outreach to policy and decision-makers;
- Strengthened links with the community and voluntary sector; and
- Enhanced links with academia.